- First Line of Defence: Assessing the potential of local food reserves in the Sahel (EN/FR/ES)
- Promoting local food security reserves in the Sahel: The case of AAAE in Burkina Faso (EN/FR/ES)
- Managing Price Risk in Local Food Reserves: Analysing the prospects for a stabilisation fund in Mali and Niger (EN/FR)
The SARAO project
The SARAO project is a 3-year research programme funded by the Andalusian Agency for International Development (AACID) and implemented by Oxfam Intermón. This initiative seeks to improve our knowledge and understanding of issues linked to food security and resilience in Burkina, Mali and Niger, with a strong focus on social protection and food reserves as key instruments for improving the living conditions of the most vulnerable and building community resilience in the region.
This research programme has 3 overall objectives:
- To provide recommendations to the institutions of Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger and ECOWAS on how to strengthen food security through food reserves and social protection systems.
- To strengthen the capacity of CSOs in the Sahel to enhance their political impact through the acquisition of knowledge on food reserves and social protection instruments.
- To build the capacities of local research institutions in Andalusia by promoting research, building a network of researchers and generating fruitful discussions on topics related to food security and development cooperation.